Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Many new cameras such as the Canon C70 can record proxies on the 2nd SD card. I would like to be able to start a new library/event with the proxies only and later add the original material. Is this possible? It would be nice to be able to import only the original files that has used proxies in the library/event.

Any input here?

/Johan

Travis RichmondTravis Richmond
    • Ripple Staff

There is no clear way to do this. Any imported files are considered Original media. But there may be something to importing the Proxy files. Turning on Proxy Only, and then relinking proxy files and choosing the Camera proxy file that you already imported. Then later, Relinking original media to the Main camera files. Please, do not do this without testing it thoroughly on your end. I only performed a small test and it can get complicated quickly. One key thing, make sure original and proxies share the same name of course. Good luck.

Travis RichmondTravis Richmond
    • Ripple Staff

Follow up to my initial response. Before you try what I mentioned before, try just importing the camera proxy files. It is possible that Final Cut Pro will recognize them as Proxy files without any special workflow. So try just importing the proxy files. We are in the process of testing new camera proxy workflows. Hopefully we will have some new tutorials on the subject soon.

I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading.

YourTexasBenefits

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Avatarlulacox1973.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.