PICTURE IN PICTURE EFFECT FOR FINAL CUT PRO X
Using the RT Picture in Picture Effect for Final Cut Pro X
Recently, I needed to create a picture in picture effect in Final Cut Pro X that included a drop shadow and a border. After playing around a bit, I discovered there is no drop shadow check box for scaled images, nor is there any means to create an adjustable border for the image. I decided it would be best to create my own picture in picture (PIP) effect in Motion 5 using Motion's killer new publishing features.
1. Edit video or a generator into the Primary Storyline to be used as the background image. Connect the video you want to use for the PIP image above the clip in the Primary Storyline.
2. With the connected clip selected, press command-5 to reveal the Media Browser and click the effects button on the toolbar. The Picture in Picture effect is located in the Custom theme area. Double-click the effect to apply it to the connected clip.
With the connected clip still selected, press Command-4 to reveal the Inspector. The parameter controls for altering the effect appear under the gray bar labeled "RT Picture in Picture".
The PIP can be positioned and scaled anywhere on the screen. The drop shadow and border are enabled by default as indicated by their checkboxes. Both the shadow and border have independent parameter controls. Also, most of the parameters can be keyframed.
FCP X Weekly Downloads
WATCH US ON MACBREAK
Motion 5 The Complete Series
We're very interested in what you do and how you do it. Take a few moments and give us some feedback so we can better understand the type of training you want us to produce.
Free Download FCP X Generators
1) Apple Pro Video Series - Final Cut Pro X - Second Edition
2) Callouts for Final Cut Pro X
3) Motion 5 - Fast Forward
4) FCP Classic Generators - Volume 1
5) DaVinci Resolve 9 Core Training
6) DaVinci Resolve Core Training
7) Tools for Final Cut Pro X
Hollywood Edge Sound Effects